Much like fashion, one of the most exciting things about a new custom closet (other than getting organized of course!) is picking out accessories. The same way a necklace or the perfect pair of shoes can complete an outfit, the right accessories can bring together the entire design of closet and give the perfect finishing touches to becoming fully organized. Though there are many options to consider, here is a list of the top 5 accessories the designers at Closet Factory cannot live without:
- Valet Rod– this is a retractable rod that is mounted to one of the vertical panels in a closet. It is a small rod that slides out and is great for hanging dry cleaning or an outfit for the next day. When you don’t need it, it slides back in and out-of-the-way. This seems simple but once your clients have it, they won’t know what they ever did without it.
- Tie and Belt Racks– Ties and belts tend to be difficult to store; they can easily get tangled or damaged when thrown into a drawer or onto a shelf. Tie and belt racks are a series of hooks that allow clients to hang up their belts and ties, keeping them from getting creased or tangled and allowing for easy viewing of the styles and colors that they have.
- Slanted Shoe Shelves- One of the most important organization tips we give clients is to get their shoes up off the floor where they can get dirty and scuffed. While any of the shoe storage solutions are great, slanted shoe shelves really allow your clients to see where each pair of shoes is, even the ones stored high up. Each shelf has a toe stop, which can be made in a matching melamine or in Lucite®, a clear plastic material.
- Drawer Dividers– Drawers tend to be the messiest areas of a closet; it’s so easy to toss items in and shut the drawer. Adding dividers is the easiest way to separate out and organize items in drawers, especially small items like socks or underwear. Our favorite are adjustable dividers that can be rearranged to accommodate changing needs.
- Jewelry Drawer Dividers– Jewelry tends to be valuable to clients, but without the proper storage, pieces can get lost or damaged. Jewelry drawer dividers allow clients to organize their jewelry and store them safely. These can also be helpful to men by allotting space in the drawer for their wallet, handkerchiefs, cuff links and loose change.
For a free consultation, call (303) 690-6901 or visit http://www.closetfactory.com